Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ears Pierced!

We bit the bullet and finally got Ava-Kate's ears pierced. I know there are ALOT of opinions out there about piercing your daughter's ears. I was 3 when mine where pierced and Robyne was 2 so here we are following in my mother's footsteps and piercing Ava-Kate's at 2. We actually did it on the eve of her birthday, I know, not very kind but so cute! She was amazing. James was a little hesitant and really didn't want to, but in the end he changed his mind and came with us. It's been 2 1/2 weeks already and she's done incredible. James' main concerns, besides the pain, were infection, AK ripping them out, and AK constantly touching them. Well we're still 0 for 3 of the fears. Mostly because James drilled into her head "no touching" and sometimes she even will say that to me when I clean them, it's so cute! If we have another daughter I really want to get her ears pierced earlier. I'm thinking like 6 months old. Sounds cruel, but it would probably be easier to care for them and not worry so much about falling out or the germ factor with a toddler, i.e. parks, playgrounds, dirt, swimming, etc. In the end, so far, no regrets.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness she is just so cute, I can't believe how fast time flies!